8 morning plans in Ibiza
Some like to get up bright and early, whereas others try to lie in bed as long as possible. This is why we include different plans for early risers and late risers. You’re bound to find the perfect ones for you!
- 1. Watch the sunrise from the beach: everyone knows how famous Ibiza’s sunset is, but what about its sunrise? See for yourself that it’s just as good by watching it from Playa d’en Bossa beach, only a few steps away from Ibiza Sun Apartments, and do your own sun salutation.
- 2. Visit the hill of the dead: the Puig des Molins necropolis is the biggest and best preserved in the Mediterranean. Built by the Phoenicians, it has an astonishing 3,000 Punic hypogea. You will find it in Ibiza city.
- 3. Cross over to Formentera: every summer, we suggest you go on a day trip to Formentera, so here we go again. No matter how often you come to Ibiza, you always feel like hopping over to the neighbouring island and stretching your towel out on its heavenly beaches, right?
- 4. Hike up to the highest peak on the island: if you’re an early riser, go first thing and admire the bird’s-eye view atop Sa Talaia. The highest mountain in Ibiza is no more than 500m high, but its summit is still the best viewpoint on the island. If you’re not much of a walker, you can also go up by car.
- 5. Walk through the ruins of a disco: if you’re spending the day in Cala Bassa, Cala Tarida or Platges de Comte, you can also visit the ruins of Festival Club, a fabulous 70s’ disco with restaurant that is now covered in plants and graffiti. Ask at our front desk how to get to this singular spot and enjoy the views.
- 6. Explore San Antonio bay on a llaüt: enjoy a day out on the western coast on a restored llaüt, which is a traditional boat from Ibiza.
- 7. Eat at El Bigotes: this restaurant only serves bullit de peix and even though the locals prefer other restaurants for this traditional fish speciality, this beach bar on Cala Mastella is unique for the whole experience. Don’t miss it! Book well ahead if you don’t want to miss out.
- 8. Sunbathe in Cala d´Hort: this beach is better in the mornings, so don’t forget to include this must-see cove in Ibiza in your summer plans.
8 evening/night plans in Ibiza
- 1. A stroll through the narrow streets of Dalt Vila: evenings are the best time to enter the old part of the city of Ibiza through the Ses Taules gate. From there, wander towards the cathedral and go back circling the citadel, declared World Heritage by Unesco.
- 2. Have dinner in the fishing quarter of Ibiza: the quaint streets of La Marina and Sa Penya quarters have plenty of charming restaurants and most of them serve delicious Mediterranean food. If you’re travelling with your partner, you’ll probably want to have dinner at one of its most romantic restaurants, like Peter Pan and Sa Brasa.
- 3. Join the Can Jordi Blues Station: this roadside bar offers outdoor rock and blues concerts on Saturday evenings and at lunchtime on Sundays. A classic bar in Ibiza for those who steer clear of trends.
- 4. End the day at Es Racó Verd in Sant Josep: the patio of this bar-restaurant opposite Sant Josep church is one of the most pleasant places to start the evening with live music.
- 5, Visit the monoliths in Cala Llentia: this curious sculpture is made up of twelve basalt monoliths forming a circle around a taller one. Named Time and Space, it was created by the artist Andrew Rogers for Guy Laliberté, the founder of Cirque du Soleil.
- 6. Visit the biotechnological botanical gardens of Ibiza (Ibiza Botánico Biotecnológico): this multifunctional space is devoted to protecting the environment and teaching about biotechnology. This place is truly surprising, especially its plant piano. Visit it!
- 7. Wave the sun goodbye from the new Caló de s’Oli auditorium: this newly opened space has become one of the most appealing spots to watch the sunset in Ibiza. Also, the Badia de Portmany festival will take place in this auditorium until 22nd August, with music shows on 31st July and the 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th and 22nd August from 9 p.m.
- 8. Go to Las Dalias: there are night street markets on Sundays or Mondays and the Namasté party is on Wednesday nights. A perfect plan for Ibiza this summer 2021.
And 5 plans for the day, afternoon or evening
- 1. Have an evening drink at one of the bars in the old harbour of Ibiza.
- 2. Explore Ibiza’s coast by kayak.
- 3. Explore some of the least known coves, such as Cala Carbó, Cala Molí and Cala Codolar.
- 4. Visit the Sunday market of Sant Joan and then spend the afternoon at Portinatx beach.
- 5. Go to the beach of Ses Salines, Cala Bassa, Platges de Comte or Cala Benirrás. They do get quite crowded, true, but they’re soooo beautiful.
Bookings for 2021 with free cancellation
If you’re still not sure about booking a holiday in case you lose your booking, Ibiza Sun Apartments guarantees free cancellation up to 5 days before the check-in date. Also, if you are unable to come because of Covid-19, you can also change the dates of your booking at no extra cost. Book now and enjoy a fabulous stay at our modern and comfortable Suites and Junior Suites with terrace, kitchen and living-room.
Main picture: Sebastian Voortman via Pexels