5 reasons you’ll love Ibiza in your 40s
- Its cosmopolitan atmosphere
Ibiza can be proud of its extremely cosmopolitan atmosphere as it draws in people from all over the world, especially from Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, UK, Italy, France and Germany. The age range of visitors is also broad, with an average age of 44. Both factors make Ibiza a destination with a very diverse atmosphere that offers multiple holiday experiences.
- Its coves and beaches
The island has over 50 listed beaches and coves along its coast as well as other hidden spots that are perfect for the most solitary swimmers. You’ll love their crystal-clear waters and their gentle slopes into the sea. Some even look like natural pools! If you’re coming over with young kids, they will have great fun swimming safely.
- Its pine trees, hills, cliffs and farming valleys
Many travellers are surprised by how green Ibiza is as it’s largely covered by Mediterranean pine forests. But also, you will find traditional farming landscapes inland dotted with vineyards, olive trees, fig trees, carob trees and almond trees. And we mustn’t forget the cliffs on the northern and western coasts of the island.
- Its unique architecture
Ibiza is well known as the White Island thanks to its unique traditional architecture, which come into sight once you move away from the beach and explore the island’s inland roads. If you're renting a car, go on secondary roads and discover the fortified churches and traditional country houses. What’s the best way to explore it? Take a map of Ibiza and draw a circular route that joins the villages of Santa Agnès de Corona, Sant Mateu, Sant Miquel, Sant Joan, Sant Llorenç, Sant Carles, Santa Eulària des Riu and Santa Gertrudis.
- Endless bites for all tastes.
Ibiza in your 40s will be very tasty as the island offers an fantastic and broad range of food. On the island you’ll find all sorts of food, from the traditional Ibizan food to the most modern and creative dishes, as well as Italian, French, Peruvian, Mexican, Japanese, Asian... flavours.
3 plans to enjoy Ibiza in your 40s
- Go to parties
You don’t need to spend all night out or go to an electronic music session to have fun in Ibiza. If clubbing is not your cup of tea, we suggest you go to the Children of the 80s (Hard Rock Ibiza) party, Glitterbox (Hï), Flower Power (Pacha) and Namasté (Las Dalias). In Heart Ibiza you’ll also find a calendar full of events that are far from the usual clubbing concept people usually associate with the island. However, if you do like electronic music, you won’t feel out of place in the clubs: you’ll find people of all ages there!
- Go to bars with live music
Another fun option in Ibiza is to go out for a drink to the bars in La Marina district or many other bars with live music, as we already suggested in our previous post, Do you know where to listen to live music in Ibiza?
- Have fun in the water
Ibiza’s coves and beaches are perfect to go kayaking or paddle surfing, among other water sports. Also, its crystal-clear waters make it far easier to see the underwater world if you like snorkelling. And if you like scuba diving, you should know that visibility in Ibiza is up to 40 metres and the western coast hides extremely beautiful underwater corners.
Another seven plans:
- Go to the street markets (one for every day of the week!)
- Enjoy a day-trip to Formentera.
- Visit the Museo de Arte Contemporáneo de Ibiza (modern art museum) and the Museo Etnográfico de Ibiza (ethnographic museum).
- Stroll through the old town, Dalt Vila, and visit the Madina Yabisa Interpretation Centre.
- Visit the largest and best preserved Phoenician-Punic necropolis in the West Mediterranean.
- Enjoy fabulous dinners outdoors in the many restaurants set up in old country houses, such as Can Musson (only a short walk away from Ibiza Sun Apartments).
- See Ibiza’s famous sunset from a different place each day: Ses Salines Nature Reserve, Sant Antoni, Cala Benirrás, the cliffs of Cala d´Hort, Platges de Comte, Sa Talaia, Cap Negret…
And an extra one:
You can enjoy a quiet and amazing stay in our Ibiza Sun Apartments suites, which all have a completely separate sitting-room from the room or rooms. Book today your holidays in Ibiza and discover first-hand all the fun you can have in the White Island in your 40s (or 50s, 60s...!)