Never been to Ibiza Gay Pride?
Ibiza has lived a long love story with LGTBIQ travellers who back in the 70s and 80s were met by tolerance, making it the perfect environment to enjoy their holidays with its many attractions: beautiful beaches, good food and a fantastic nightlife. It’s not surprising that five years ago, the island added its own event against discrimination to celebrate LGTBIQ acceptance and rights: Ibiza Gay Pride. This year, this four-day event will take place from 12th to 15th June.
Why come to Ibiza Gay Pride 2019?
At the time of this post, the list of guest artists coming this year is still a mystery, but we can assure you that the activity programme will include:
- Dj sessions, drag queens, parades and daily shows from 8 p.m. until 12 a.m. in the streets of Mare de Déu and Alfons XII, in La Marina district, in Ibiza. The festive atmosphere also spreads to other streets in Ibiza’s harbour.
- Exhibitions by LGTBIQ artists, film viewings, theatre plays and conferences.
- Great Walk for LGTBIQ rights along Ibiza’s promenade before the free-entry party that keeps going until 12.00 a.m. The party will then move on to the Main Party Ibiza Gay Pride 2019 of which we don’t yet know its line-up or venue.
Besides the events planned by the Ibiza Gay Pride organisation, different bars, beach bars and clubs on the island will also celebrate this lively event by throwing their own special parties.
Still need a room for the Ibiza Gay Pride 2019?
If you haven’t yet booked a room, remember that Ibiza Sun Apartments offers modern and comfortable suites, a swimming pool, gym, massage room and a Thai restaurant. All this only a few metres away from the buzzing Playa d’en Bossa, a short walk away from Hï and its Glitterbox party and a short drive away from Ibiza’s harbour.
Places with great atmosphere all summer long
- Es Cavallet Beach has been the most popular gay beach in Ibiza for decades. At the far end you will find the popular Chiringay beach bar. Es Cavallet is also one of the best-known nudist beaches on the island.
- d’Alfons XII street (La Marina, Ibiza): here you will find places you mustn’t miss, like Angelo, Mona Lisa, SOD bar and Lolas Club.
- Mare de Déu street: also known as Calle de la Virgen (carrer de la Verge), is home to many bars and terraces, including Dado bar, JJ Bar and Lady D bar.
- Las Libertinas Ibiza: a must-go-to for the most lively lesbians (Carrer Ses Passadis, 10)
- The Glitterbox party hosted by Hï on Sundays during the summer and La Troya party that will be returning to Heart Ibiza every Wednesday in 2019.